Thank you to everyone who attended our virtual town hall meeting on May 12. I was very happy to be able to share news about our centre with you.
For those of you who could not attend, here is a recap of the meeting.
The NDG Y is staying active this summer
We are happy to welcome campers in our camps starting on June 28, 2021. Over 85 campers per week will be able to enjoy the activities led by our teams.
We will, of course, implement all the required measures to ensure the safety of participants and employees.
- Outdoor group classes on our centre’s site
On May 17, 2021, our outdoor group classes started on the NDG Y site. On the agenda: yoga, HIIT, and more!
>> Learn more
- Our community programs are still being offered in the neighbourhood
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have supported the community and will continue to do so through the following programs: activities for seniors, Café Rendez-Vous Y, TeenZone, School at the Y, Plusone Mentoring, Pivot, NDG Community Tutoring Program, C-Vert Environmental Engagement Program.
It is important that our programs keep us connected with our most vulnerable participants.
Renovation work at the NDG YMCA
Good news: the work has begun in the centre!
Here are the planned improvements:
- Renovating the entrance and cleaning the façade.
- Reconfiguring the welcome desk.
- Painting and touching up certain walls and ceilings.
- Repairing the pool, including painting the walls and ceiling.
- Upgrading the locker rooms: new partitions, flooring, replacing counters and sinks, painting.
- Replacing the lighting in several rooms.
- Changing the flooring.
- Upgrading bathrooms.
- Revamping the tennis court into an open space for our outdoor activities.
Reopening - September 2021
Fitness activities are planned to start up again in September 2021 if health guidelines permit.
This will also include the reopening of the pool according to the public health guidelines in effect: given the size of our pool, the current guidelines would restrict us to a small number of swimmers.
The redevelopment project
We are in the process of assessing our offering. We will consult with the community regularly to better meet your needs and as such evaluate the programs and services offered.
To do this, we are planning to create a working group made up of members and local partners.
Here are the different phases of the project:
- January 2021–May 2021
Community positioning process
- May 2021–September 2021
Meeting with the working group
Review of the services offered
Implementation of a renewed service offering that will meet local needs
Other good news
- Lease renewal of the CPE NDG Play & Care Daycare at the NDG YMCA
We announced it on our Facebook page: the lease for the CPE NDG Play & Care at the NDG Y has been renewed! That means that, together with our CPE partners, we will continue providing high-quality childcare services right here in the heart of NDG.
- Currently recruiting a Director of Community Initiatives
I’m available to answer your questions. Here is my email: Andrew.Borrelli@ymcaquebec.org
We really look forward to welcoming you back to the centre.
Interim Director and Redevelopment Project Manager Notre-Dame-de-Grâce YMCA